Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Things

Well new release Tuesday is once again upon us - and the main item of interest today is of course the new collection re-issuing the Traveling Wilbury's CD's. That one is a must have.
I also read that EMI re-released John Lennon's 'Legend' collections today. This is the CD and the DVD packaged together in the same housing. Nothing different than the original releases - just a limited edition reprint.
In this day and age of downloading and torrents, It's very seldom now that I actually go out and buy the physical CD of anything. I have my 'collections' that I keep up with. Kiss, Beatles. But for the most part I've abandoned buying actual CD's.
Is this a good thing? Well the space i'm saving is a major plus! And actually I listen to more music now than at any time EVER in my life thanks to mp3's and the iPod. (thanks Brandon) So I think it is a good thing actually.
Granted, there is nothing like holding a new album in your hand with the large pictures and lyrics you can actually SEE and read! but I find i'm less and less thinking about the packaging and just focusing more and more on just the music.

No comments: